Wednesday, March 14, 2012

buffalo chicken tenders

The Boyfriend, taking a bite of the dinner I made that he had declined before he knew what I made: "What sauce is this?"

Me: "It's Frank's Red Hot, the Buffalo one"

TBF: "This stuff is awesome!"

Me: "We've had it in the fridge since we moved in"

TBF: "Really?"

Just proves that you really do learn something new every day.



Ever since I replaced my awful panko with the fantastic panko, I've been itching to use it again. Since we have about a million pounds of frozen chicken, I took a piece out to thaw yesterday, planning on whipping up a quick dinner for tonight. When you have chicken, panko, and (you guessed it) buffalo sauce, the natural progression is buffalo chicken.

And buffalo chicken is what I did.



Since I'm being all healthy and whatnot, I served the crispy chicken tenders over a kale salad, but these would be great for an appetizer/sports party (hi, March Madness) finger food. Cut them up into chunks before cooking and serve them on toothpicks! That would probably be fabulous. In the most manly I-love-wings-beer-and-sports way possible.


Buffalo Chicken Tenders (makes about 5 tenders per chicken breast)


1 large chicken breast, cut into strips
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup panko
2-3 tablespoons corn starch
1-2 tablespoons canola oil
1/4 cup Franks Red Hot (Buffalo Wing)

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Dredge chicken strips first in corn starch, then in egg whites and finally in the panko, making sure each piece is fully covered. Carefully place chicken in the pan, and saute for about 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. Test doneness by splitting the thickest piece you can find and making sure it's white on the inside. Toss or dip in buffalo sauce, and serve hot hot hot!

Check out the other fabulous bloggers participating in recipe madness!
The Cheesefries Stand Alone
Food Feminism Life

No comments:

Post a Comment