Friday, March 30, 2012

scallion ginger marinaded cod

Every Thursday for the last four weeks, I've pulled out two pork chops for Friday's dinner for the Boyfriend and myself.

Every Friday, I remember it's Lent (I'm such a good Jew Girlfriend) and scramble to pick up seafood, instead.

Every Saturday, we have pork chops. Go figure.


This is super easy (isn't it always?) and pretty quick. If you need dinner on the table in under 30 minutes, this works! Look at me, I'm the next Rachel Ray, or something. You could also marinate the fish overnight (which I'd actually recommend), which means EVEN LESS TIME! My gosh.


Scallion Ginger Marinaded Cod (serves 2)

2 cod fillets, 6-8oz each
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1" ginger, peeled and grated
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/4 cup canola oil
3 tablespoons scallions, chopped
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Whisk together all ingredients except the fish in a bowl large enough to hold the fish. Place fish in the bowl and let it sit for at least 20 minutes, the longer the better! While the fish is marinating, preheat the oven to 375. Place fish in a baking dish and pour marinade over top, and bake for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. The cod should be tender and flaky. If you're serving roasted veggies on the side, drizzle the extra marinade from the pan over them! I promise, it's good (we used cabbage).




It's Recipe Madness! Check out these blogs for more daily food updates all this month!
The Cheesefries Stand Alone
Food Feminism Life
Life's Little Epiphanies

No comments:

Post a Comment