Tuesday, March 27, 2012

brown sugar banana bread

Bananas are one of the best fruits to have around, especially in my family's household. We all like them at varying levels of ripeness, and once they're too ripe for all of us, we love banana bread. 


Our go-to recipe comes from the infamous box, but since you know, I live on my own now, I thought it would be fun to try a new recipe. Since these cupcakes were so tasty, I whipped up the batter and poured it into a loaf tin. The result was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.


Brown Sugar Banana Bread

1 1/3 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1 egg
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 350*. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside. In a bowl (I had my stand mixer on medium), whisk egg and add brown sugar, mixing until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Add sour cream and melted butter and mix. Stir in dry ingredients, then add mashed bananas and mix until batter comes together. Fold in walnuts, if you're adding them. Pour batter into a greased loaf tin and bake 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let it cool a bit before slicing.

It's Recipe Madness! Check out these blogs for more daily food updates all this month!
The Cheesefries Stand Alone
Food Feminism Life
Life's Little Epiphanies
And if you want to play along, just leave a comment!   

No comments:

Post a Comment