We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you this post...
Since I'm super nosy, it's always fun to read random surveys filled out by other people. I guess it's my turn! I've been tagged by the fabulous Meagan, and after I finish answering the questions I get to ask some of my own to a lucky few.
1. When you were five years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Hmmm that's a really good question. I probably wanted to be a vet, until I realized that part of the job was sad. I probably never had a solid idea of what I wanted to do, but apparently I was quite introspective...
2. If you ever had to go to the ER or stay overnight at the hospital, what was it for?
I've never gone to the ER/hospital for myself, if you can believe it! The closest I came was a trip to Urgent Care last year when I had a pretty serious allergic reaction to some antibiotics I had been prescribed, but I was in and out in like 20 minutes. I've stayed overnight in the hospital with other people, though. Six years ago, two people very close to me had major surgeries the same week, at the same hospital (talk about convenient). I spent one or two nights there, instead of traveling back and forth.
3. What was the best thing that happened to you this week?
Some friends of the Boyfriend and mine came over earlier in the week and we were planning out all the fun things we're going to do over our mini vacation to Florida (for a friend's wedding). I am so super excited for this trip!! It's going to be an absolute blast, and I really adore the people we're going with. It was a ton of fun just chatting about all of it.
A close second would probably be the puppy hugs and kisses I look forward to every Monday when I go to my parents' house from this goober:
4. What were your best/worst subjects in school and what subjects would you want to learn now?
My best subject was definitely band. That counts, right? It was my absolute favorite class (well, band and orchestra were two classes, so I guess they were my favorite classes), and I was really good. That might be why it was my favorite.
Academically, I was better at math/science. Especially science that involved math, like Chemistry. We had some really awesome times in Chemistry class...Yeah, I'm a nerd.
5. What do you consider to the most valuable thing you own? What would you have said 10 years ago?
10 years ago I definitely would have said my musical instruments. Now? I have two pieces of framed art in my apartment created by family members. I have a painting in my bedroom that my grandmother painted, and an architectural drawing in the hallway that my dad drew during an internship after college. I just think it's so awesome having art from family members in my possession! Maybe someday I'll commandeer a ceramic vase from my brother...
6. What is your favorite room in your house, and why?
Does the balcony count? My favorite thing to do on a nice day is sit outside on the balcony with a good book and an iced cold drink (usually water), relaxing and soaking up the sun.
7. You were just given a yacht, a Derby horse, and a countryside estate. What would you name each of them?
Yacht - Silver Linings
Horse - Rhapsody in Blue
Estate - this one was the hardest! I've been staring at the question for hours, so I may have to get back to you...
8. When was the last time you did something for the first time? What was it?
I've been thinking about this for too long, I think that means I need to try more new things! Ummmm last Friday I ordered a beer with dinner and actually finished it, does that count? Also last week I put mint in pasta, which was definitely a first!
9. What did you like best about your hometown?
There are so many things I love about my hometown! It's got this city-meets-small-town feel to it - not quite a town, but definitely not a city. I love that you can walk from one end to the other, window shopping at all the little boutiques, and that you can get pretty much any type of food you can think of. There's so much variety, and we don't have to go downtown to get it!
10. What is the first thing you always put in your grocery cart?
Whatever seasonal fruit happens to be at the front of the produce section! Right now it's strawberries and blueberries. I'm a happy camper!
Now that I've answered, I get to be nosy!
Diana's Daily Dish
Running with Needles
The Bumblings of KT Bee
Braise the Roof
1. What made you want to start blogging, and how long have you been at it?
2. If you could be any animal, which would you be and why?
3. Money aside, what would be your dream job?
4. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list?
5. What's your favorite season?
6. Pants or skirts/dresses?
7. Vanilla or Chocolate?
8. You're having people over for a dinner party. For your bedroom, do you:
a) shut the door - it's your private space and no one needs to see it!
b) shove everything under the bed/in the closet
c) spend the afternoon cleaning it properly
d) are you kidding? It's perfectly clean all the time!
9. What are staples in your pantry/fridge?
10. Who's your favorite band/group of all time?