Friday, May 11, 2012

homemade sriracha pickles

Pickles are something I've always thought about making, but then I always forget about making. And then I buy a jar, and remember that I was going to try making them. It's all so circular.

I'm not even sure I would qualify this as a recipe, but it's so simple it's not even funny (sidenote: who came up with that phrase? In what situation would it be funny?). 


Sriracha Pickles


1 cucumber, sliced into 1/4-1/2" rounds
1-2 cups white vinegar
1-2 tablespoons sriracha
3 tablespoons mustard seeds
3-4 tablespoons sugar

Throw everything into a jar that fits all the cucumber, and allows the vinegar to cover every slice (hence the range of vinegar - you may need more or less). Let sit in your fridge for a few days. The longer you let them sit, the more pickly they'll taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment