Wednesday, July 4, 2012

happy peach season!

After a hell of a storm hit the DC area, knocking out power for about 1.5 million people, all I could think about was whether the Farm would be open for peach picking. This past weekend was the first weekend for picking, and I had been looking forward to it for roughly a year, so when we lost power Friday night I about cried.

When we tried to drive out on Sunday, through neighborhoods with no traffic lights and trees everywhere, and our efforts were thwarted by a tree and power lines across the road leading to the farm, I about cried again. I may have used a few choice words, as well. I just wanted my peaches!

After finding another route to the farm today, I am happy to report a successful trip. I mean, 20lbs of peaches can be considered successful, right?

Stay tuned for delicious peach recipes! And be super jealous of all my farm fresh peaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment